I bought a brand new Mossberg 930 for Home Defense ($425).
-- I wanted it to be short (18.5" barrel) and handy, but either run 7rds or 8rds (6+1 or 6+1+1 with ghost feed). But I didn't want the mag-tube sticking out all the way to the end (shorter ones handle better). The answer to this was the Nordic Components upgrades. -- I also wanted it to be 100% RELIABLE with low-recoil 00-Buck and low-recoil 000-Buck. I wanted to even be able to cycle reliable with low-recoil loads while not pulled fully into my shoulder. The answer to this was OR3GUN's products.
1) Nordic Components -- MXT Shotgun Magazine Extension Kit +2 since the OEM extension is known to hang up. (cost $75.50)
2) Nordic Components -- Shotgun Barrel Clamp with Tac Rail, since I wanted a place to mount a light (cost $52.74)
3) OR3GUN upgrade kit -- I got the CSP/ASR Set - Competition (Polished), Marine Spacer Tube - Competition (Marine Blue), Competition Forearm Retainer - FIELD Fit (Pitch Black), the Enhanced Bolt Release - Tactile (Pitch Black), and the enhanced reliability follower. The CSP/ASR set and MST help it feed low-recoil with 100% accuracy, and everything else is just a nice upgrade. (cost $165.50)
4) I also have 50rds of birdshot ($25), and 15-25rds of 00-Buck ($30-$40), 8-10 dummy rounds ($15), installed a sight rail ($15), and a butt-stock shell holder ($10).
5) I smoothed out and polished the edges of the carrier latch to a mirror finish (this makes it feed much more smoothly, and eliminates any chance of feeding issues).
TOTAL SPENT -- $718.74 (plus $95-$105 in ammo and other stuff)...so I have about $800 in the gun making it as handy and reliable as possible. I've only shot 10rds of the lowest recoiling and lightest slugs I could find, and 25rds of birdshot through it. Everything cycled perfectly EVEN when I held the gun away from my body to see if it might short-stroke (limp-wrist).
I will sell this >$820 package for $480 FIRM.
If you're definitely interested, I'll meet you anywhere in Jacksonville for you to check it out, and even cycle through dummy rounds. We should probably avoid some places/areas. But I could even meet at Gateway range.
I have perfect feedback from Gunbroker, arfcom, ebay, glocktalk, etc.-->
Arfcom -- +125 positive, 0 neutral, 0 negative: https://www.ar15.com/member/u ser.html?id=42972
Gunbroker-- A+ (22 of them): http://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedb ack/profile/1401163